Code of Ethics
We, the members of the CLANY, have committed ourselves to contributing to the professional and personal development of member pawnbrokers, advocating pawnbroker rights and responsibilities, and enhancing and promoting a positive and professional image to the public, do hereby adopt and embrace the following Code of Ethics. Each member shall:
- Strive to operate their business in such a manner as to bring credit to, enhance and promote the positive and professional image of all pawnbrokers and not perform any act, which would bring disrepute to the pawn industry.
- Deal with customers and the general public with honesty, honor and fair dealing, making service with integrity our constant goal. We will employ truth and accuracy in advertising and selling. We will stand behind any guarantee given.
- Constantly strive to improve business methods to end that the public will be better served.
- Engage in fair and vigorous competition to stimulate the continuous growth and evolution of the pawn industry.
- Obey all the laws that are enacted by local, state and federal government, endeavor to keep ourselves informed of those laws governing our business and assist in the prosecution of those who do not.
- Expose or halt, where found, any scheme designed to deceive or defraud the customers of pawnbrokers and aid in the prosecution of those guilty of such acts.
- Strive to establish positive and long-lasting relations with our local, state and federal government officials.
- With respect to our common commitment to the CLANY, conduct themselves towards other members with the highest degrees of fairness and professionalism and not intentionally injure the business reputation of another member or competitor..
- Endeavor to maintain their financial commitment to the Association.
- Attempt to promote the Association to potential new members and will assist the Association by identifying these potentials to increase it membership.